Monday, October 1, 2018

Match of the Week (October 1, 2018) - Kane vs. The Undertaker (WWE Hell in a Cell 2010)

Another random pick for this week's Match of the Week but the conclusion of tonight's episode of Monday Night Raw got me thinking... How many times have The Undertaker and Kane fought against each other? It's easy to remember their classic WrestleMania bouts but it's also easy to forget their later matches like this one in 2010.

-

World Heavyweight Championship - Hell in a Cell - Kane (c) vs. The Undertaker (Taken from WWE Hell in a Cell 2010 Review)
Probably one of the most baffling main events I could remember within the past decade or so. I remember the hate this match was getting before it even happened. But in my opinion, it's cool to see these old veterans main event a PPV inside Hell in a Cell with Paul Bearer being in The Deadman's corner. Also incredible to believe that these two men were involved in the very first Hell in a Cell match. Let's get this out of the way, the ending may have been the most fucked ending I have ever seen in a WWE ring. And trust me, I've seen some stupid shit. But before that, I thought that the match was actually going really well, probably better than what anyone could expect. We tend to forget just how good Kane can really be and I love the emphasis he put on working on The Undertaker's leg. Matt Striker nicely pointed out that it would affect Undertaker's arsenal of moves. But things got really weird when after Kane knocked out the referee after hitting a Tombstone to The Undertaker. Paul Bearer would enter the match when the door opened. The lights dimmed down as fire started to erupt from the titantron. Bearer gives the urn to Kane before Kane knocks him out The Undertaker it. Kane retains the championship. I feel like we took a trip back to 1999.
Winner: Kane
Rating: **1/4

No comments:

Post a Comment